top of page



The first step in creating these chairs was to create a template for the legs. After the template was completed and cut out I used it to trace and cutout the rest of the leg pieces. ​Once they were cut out I drilled a hole in the center of each leg and placed a piece of threaded rod through all of them. Following this I created a router jig to cut out a slot in the arms of the chair and finally attached everything together. Once the fame was complete I created an upholstered seat that held the two sides together. If you were to remove the seat the chairs would fold in half for easy storage. 


The green and brown arm chair was created from scratch. The frame is made out of 2x4 and 3/4" Birch plywood. After creating the frame of the chair I took batting and wrapped the frame several times to give it a plush look. I covered the chair in upholstery fabric and nailed and tacked the fabric to the chair. I then cut out upholstery foam and sewed a cushion cover for the seat cushion. Finally, I added some trim for a finishing touch. 



 The red and brown chair was found on the side of the road in a trash pile. It had been outside for a long time and was not in good shape. I started by removing the spring seat and what was left of the upholstery. After that I stripped the varnish and the stain and sanded the chair for refinishing and refinished and resealed the chair. Finally I created a new seat out of 3/4" plywood and reupholstered the chair using staples and tacks. 


The first image is where the inspiration of the final bench came from. The second image is the design drawing for the bench. The first step was to cut down the lumber; I purchased rough cut red oak in various sizes. I then planed, jointed, cut out, and finally sanded the pieces. After that I programmed the CNC router to cut out the back oak tree detail. Following this I assembled the bench pieces using the dowel method, there is no metal fasteners on this unit. Finally I did finish sanding and stained and sealed the bench. 



These four tables needed to be made in such a way that the actors could tap dance and slide across their tops. I wanted to use MDF because it makes a smooth serface, but it has structural issues. The way that I accomplished this was to make an outter from out of MDF and then an innter structure that holds the entire table together. The base was created with 1" box tube that was surrounded in an outter layer of MDF and the base was 3/4" Birtch ply and the table top is 2 layers of 3/4" MDF. The conntection point of the table top to the base is always the concern when creating tables. What I did was run a piece of threaded rob through the center of the box tube and the birtch ply and the 1st layer of MDF on the top, this made a very strong base that allowed the actors to tap dance on it and also not get splinters on the slides. 


For better viewing of any image please click on it!

bottom of page